Frequently Asked Questions
1- ¿ DO THE PARK HAVE ANY SCHEDULE FOR THE VISITORS ?
- The Park open from 7am to 4pm from Wednesday to Monday, and is closed on Tuesday.
2- ¿ DO I NEED TO PAY ANY FEE TO VISIT THE PARK ?
- The entrance fee is $18.08 USD for NO RESIDENTS adults and $5.65 USD for NO RESIDENTS children from 2 to 12 years old, Costa Rica residents and citizens the cost of the ticket is ¢1.808 for adults, for children between 6 to 12 years old the cost is ¢565
- The only way to buy the Park tickets is via ONLINE with SINAC which is the government entity responsible for it, this is the website where you can buy the tickets: https://serviciosenlinea.sinac.go.cr
3- ¿ IS THIS A VERY CROWDED NATIONAL PARK ?
- Yes Manuel Antonio National Park is the most visited park of Costa Rica, busy seasons like Christmas, New Year’s Eve and Easter are very crowded, the Park tickets will warranty your space inside the Park so make sure to buy them ONLINE in advance
4- ¿ IS THERE RESTROOMS OR CHANGING AREAS INSIDE THE PARK ?
- There is restrooms at the main entrance, at Playa Manuel Antonio and at Playa Espadilla Sur, as well as changing areas where you can put on your swimsuit to enjoy the beach and also showers that you can use after you have enjoyed the beach.
5- ¿ CAN I BUY SOMETHING TO EAT INSIDE THE PARK ?
- There is a CAFETERIA inside the park, where you can buy food or drinks if you need it, besides, inside the Park there is also water fonts where you can refill your reusable water bottle for free.
6- ¿ WHAT IS ALLOWED TO BRING INSIDE THE PARK ?
- ALLOWED: Water and all types of non-alcoholic drinks, your reusable water bottle, insect repellent, sunscreen, swim suit, towels, extra clothes, photo cameras, cel phones.
- If you need special food due any health condition or medicines due any illness you might have, don't worry... you're ALLOWED to bring those, as well as food for infants.
- NOT ALLOWED: Any type of food, alcoholic beverages, any type of cigarettes, no electronic cigarettes, no speakers, no umbrellas, no chairs, no sport balls, no frisbee, no hammocks and no shampoo and/or soap.
- If you like photography keep in mind that DRONES are NOT ALLOWED !
7- ¿ CAN I GET OUT OF THE PARK AND REENTRY WITH THE SAME TICKET AFTER LUNCH ?
- Remember, if you leave the park for lunch or any other reason, you will be charged park admission again on reentry, the ticket is only for one time access and Park rangers do not stamp your hand to allow reentry.
8- ¿ IS THERE OFFICIAL PLACE FOR PARKING MY VEHICLE INSIDE THE NATIONAL PARK ?
- The National Park DO NOT have any official parking lot for visitors, however, if you are driving by yourself there is private parking lots outside of the main entrance, PLEASE ignore the multiple "official looking parking attendants” as you get closer to the park. They are not official, and do not represent the park service, hiring this people might cause damages to your vehicle or scams to you.
9- ¿ SHOULD I BRING SOMETHING EXTRA BESIDES THE ALLOWED THINGS ?
- You will be in a tropical humid forest, it gets hot and humid, a hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, hiking or tenis shoes, swim suit, towel, great attitude, and a sense of adventure, will go along way in making this an enjoyable day. Make sure to bring your photo camera for lifetime memories!
10- ¿ CAN I VISIT THE PARK ON MY OWN OR DO I NEED A GUIDED TOUR ?
- You can do the park on your own, HOWEVER, you can book your guided tour in advance upon reservation and/or you can get one at the park main entrance. If you are just looking for landscapes and beach enjoyment you can do the visit on your own, IF YOU ARE REALLY LOOKING FOR A WILDLIFE ADVENTURE do not hesitate to hire your CERTIFIED GUIDE.
- Having a guide will significantly enhance your enjoyment of the park though. They are adept at finding and showing you more of the creatures that you came here to see, will give you background on the park, they bring a HD spotting scope (through which you can take great pictures using your smartphone).
- If you have a guided tour, you do have the option to stay longer when your tour has finished, and exploring more trails or beaches on your own. Then you can take the shuttle back to your hotel (make sure your hotel has this complimentary service available), otherwise, you can take the public bus as well as taxis outside the National Park.
11- ¿ SHOULD I KNOW ANYTHING ELSE ?
- PLEASE do not feed the animals, regardless of how cute and cuddly they may seem, this is something that makes them vulnerable to sickness and even death. Take care of your belongings during your visit since the monkeys and raccoons can register and take your belongings most of the time when you are enjoying the beach and leave unattended your things.
- Regarding selfies, the distance recommended is 3 metters (10 feet) from the animal, please do not get closer than this, getting closer will affect the animal behavior, they get stressful and may become agressive to humans.